Back on 6 month of the new municipality
here 6 month that the new municipality of Sainte-Mère-Eglise is in place. We wanted to share with you the different actions she has carried out.
We wish you a happy New Year's Eve to all of you despite the current context and we look forward to seeing you in 2021 !
The municipality wanted to create a summer market that took place over the period from 19 July 2020 at 15 September 2020. On the strength of this successful experience, we wish to reiterate it in 2021.
Ravenoville-plage parking lot
– Reorganization of the parking lot of tractors and trailers for recreational fishermen to meet a directive from the prefecture.
– Rocking of the dune dike to reduce the parking of camper vans, the traffic of which accelerated the collapse of the dune.
– Creation of a parking area for passenger vehicles on the site of the old chapel, definitive marking of parking areas should be carried out in the coming weeks.
Change at Carquebut
Child safety being one of our priorities, the bus shelter has been moved and specific lighting has been installed, directed to the shelter. Signage and safety barriers have been installed.
New website and creation of a Facebook page
The website of the commune of Sainte-Mère-Église has been completely redone. You can find all the useful information there at
next : http://saintemereeglise.fr/
We also invite you to follow us on our Facebook page at the following address : https://www.facebook.com/mairiesme/
Commemorations of the 76th anniversary of the landing
the Town Hall of Sainte-Mère-Église wanted to make a video to share with you the commemorations of 76 th anniversary of the landing which took place in the town. You can find it on the article dedicated to commemorations or on the home page of our site.
The Town Hall has also laid wreaths :
– At the Signal monument in Sainte-Mère-Eglise
– At the monument of the Way of Liberty in Sainte-Mère-Eglise (borne 0)
– At the Captain Rex Combs Square monument to Chef du Pont,
– At the parachute memorial in La Fière
– At the monument of General Gavin and Ridgway in Sainte-Mère-Eglise
– At the commemoration monument of the German prison camp in Foucarville
– At the Beuzeville monument in the Plain in memory
of the C47 crash
This year, due to the Covid-19 crisis, the festivities were special. Indeed, the number of people who can attend
commemorations was very limited. Nevertheless, the new municipal team has done everything to ensure that the memory can be honored.
Commemoration of 18 June
A first in Sainte-Mère-Eglise, the call of 18 June was celebrated by the Mayor, Alain Holley. The video of this event is still available on our Facebook page.
Commemoration of 11 November
Due to the health crisis, the commemorations of 11 November took place behind closed doors. The Mayor and the assistants of Sainte-Mère-Eglise have
paid homage to the dead for France at Sainte-Mère, then Ravenoville, Foucarville, Ecoquenéauville, Chef-du-Pont, and to finish Carquebut.
Cleaning of cemeteries
All the cemeteries were cleaned up before All Saints' Day.
The Ecoquenéauville cemetery has benefited from some work : municipal employees disbursed the entrance, added a geo-textile and put stones back.
Water separation at Chef-du-Pont
Since the beginning of the year, work in some streets, cause several inconveniences ( deviations, dust, noises, etc…).
The objective of this work is to separate the rainwater from the wastewater.
Two general practitioners currently in place in Sainte-Mère-Eglise, a nursing practice, a speech therapist, a psychologist, a physiotherapist, and subject to confirmation : a dentist and a general practitioner on a quarterly basis, will be present in the health center. The health center opened its doors on Monday 23 November with the 2 doctors.
Reorganizations in the town
– Parking in rue de Verdun in Sainte-Mère-Eglise has been reviewed and corrected for pedestrian safety and traffic flow. Indeed the parking which was located just in front of La Poste, obstructed the view of the pedestrian crossing. It was therefore removed and a yellow line was marked prohibiting parking at this location..
– In the village of Sainte-Mère-Eglise, a pedestrian crossing over the Murphy impasse has been marked to secure the exit from Notre-Dame school.
Cleaning of the Gendarmerie
A cleaning operation took place on all the walls of the gendarmerie. You will find below a before / after.